You may consider the office shredder as being a very resourceful tool for your workplace; after all, it can shred paper for hours upon end if need be. The question is does this approach to document shredding provide the security your business needs? Contrary to many beliefs, an office shredder doesn’t actually shred documents into particles, but rather shreds information into strips of paper. These strips can be put back together by anyone who is determined to do so, which can lead to a substantial risk of identity theft. So with that said, if you are currently using an office shredder, you may want to look at alternative solutions for the sake of your security.
There are professional services that specifically offer paper shredding but, what if you can’t reach their facility because it’s too far away or perhaps you are simply too busy to schedule an appointment? We’ve got options for you. In this case, we are referring to on-site shredding services from A1DATASHRED. What is on-site shredding? In simple terms, on-site document shredding is exactly how it sounds – shredding completed directly on your property. Our mobile shred trucks arrive at your location at a specified time that works for your schedule, and through the use of our professional and certified staff along with our shredding trucks, records are destroyed beyond recovery. You can even watch as your documents get destroyed into much smaller pieces than what an office shredder is capable of.
Once the shredding is completed, you’ll receive a Certificate of Destruction to ensure that your documents are not only destroyed, but also unrecoverable and completed in accordance with state privacy legislation. You can book an appointment at any time and we’ll provide you with the necessary security bins for your documents, if required. On-site paper shredding services are easy to use and safer for the environment and for your personal security.
At A1 DATASHRED we can provide you with our on-site shredding services. We can not only help you destroy your documents in a secure way, but also in an affordable way. You can bring in any documents that you need to shred and we also provide data shredding services for hard drive shredding.
If you live around Boston we can provide our on-site shredding services to you.
Contact us today to find out more about our on-site paper shredding services.
Large organizations, healthcare facilities, government agencies, and other major companies have several things in common, but one in particular stands out. They all use computers for generating, sharing and storing electronic data. With so many computers and such a significant amount of information being processed and sent online, how can you be sure that your information is in fact secure, even if it’s stored on hard drives?
As industry professionals of secure media destruction, serving the Boston and nearby areas, we want you to understand and be aware of the many forms of hard drive destruction, in comparison to degaussing processes.
- Peace of Mind: Only a few years ago, news revealed that there was more than 2100 data breach instances which lead to the exposure of over 822 million records. A document destruction company who can handle the shredding of your electronic media and hard drives, assures there is zero risk of a data breach, and your organization is completely protected.
- Save Money and Office Space: In the United States, the typical cost for each breach that took place was approximately $188. Consider this; if you were to multiply that by the numbers above, this could in turn result in 10s or even 100s of billions of dollars lost from a data breach. Furthermore, the storage space that is often used for keeping old hard drives tucked away could also be a security problem down the road. If computers are left in the open without the necessary security measures in place or if they aren’t being used entirely, information can be compromised very quickly.
- Full Service Media Destruction: We will handle the safe and secure destruction of more than just your hard drives. We will look after the destruction of other electronic media like tablets and smart phones which most individuals and employees use on a regular routine. Each of these must be disposed of securely so sensitive data found on these is never exposed unknowingly or stolen.
- Guaranteed and 100% Unrecoverable: Did you know that while you may think a “degaussed” hard drive implies that information is obsolete, the opposite is true? In fact with the right skill, information can be recovered and stolen. The FBI have been investigating this growing issue and in fact, has been discovering data on degaussed hard drives for over a decade. A MIT research study revealed that close to 93% of confidential data from “wiped” hard drives could be accessed.
- Maintain Compliance: It is not only safe to destroy media for your privacy, but legislation mandates that you protect this data. HIPAA and FACTA, in particular, cover the necessities in relation to the disposal of hard drives and other data. Failing to comply with such regulations could leave you legally responsible should data be leaked down the road. The risks are not worth it.
Media and hard drive shredding services will assist greatly in your overall information management, and organization, all while reducing your internal costs. Our services can be tailored to suit your needs and budgetary requirements. Ensuring you have your hard drives destroyed by professionals means that you are taking active steps in protecting your company from the threats of information theft and data breach. It can be extremely challenging having to recover from such a loss as your reputation and finances are at stake in the event you fall victim. Don’t let it happen to you.
Allow the team at A1 DATASHRED to assist you in managing you old hard drives and other electronic media.
Get in touch with us today to arrange your hard drive destruction service with us. Call 1-888-95-SHRED